- Formerly a division of ICP Electronics, Inc., QNAP has over 10 years experience in offering embedded systems.
- Founded in: April 2004
- Number of employees: 690 (till Oct 2013)
- Sales channel: QNAP brand through worldwide IT channels
Network-attached storage (NAS)
Network video recorder (NVR)
All-in-one NAS Applications for Enterprise/SMB
All-in-one NSA Storage for SOHO/Home
Backed by solid NAS development and marketing expertise, QNAP Systems, Inc. has built up a huge and loyal user base. Besides its diverse yet rich features, the QNAP Turbo NAS, the flagship product developed by QNAP Systems, proves to be a friendly development platform with its open-source Linux kernel. Additionally, the seamless integration between its software and hardware can minimize resources committed by system developers for system development.
- Over 3 Million Users Worldwide
Since its inception, QNAP Systems has exceeded an installed base of 3 million Turbo NAS devices. To developers, a massive amount of potential users can differentiate your applications from similar ones in the market. All apps approved by QNAP Systems are uploaded to the QNAP App Center and promoted for you. So, all you have to do is to focus on your application development, and your cost and resource committed to identifying potential users are minimized. Moreover, with its hardware expertise perfected over the years, QNAP Systems can ensure a well-rounded system platform for application developers to integrate their apps with the Turbo NAS.
- Rich and built-in features to save you effort and time on application development QNAP Turbo NAS is a feature-rich, private cloud system. With storage as the core theme, the QNAP Turbo NAS offers an array of practical and value-added features, including user and privilege management, backup, multimedia and entertainment, and IP security surveillance. As a development platform, QNAP Turbo NAS is a total solution that dramatically reduces your development effort, and through the influential brand image of QNAP Systems, your success can be easily achieved.
- Minimal effort on hardware integration
The QNAP Turbo NAS is a versatile system praised for its software and hardware integration. Whether it is development of web applications or design of desktop applications in a VM environment, all you have to worry about is software development. As for hardware (reliability?), the robust QNAP Turbo NAS will take care of it for you.
- Development Toolkit (API & SDK)
QNAP NAS applications can be developed using the following three approaches:
1. Development Toolkit (API & SDK):
With QNAP Development Toolkit (API & SDK), developers can design applications that can run on a client’s device (such as a smart phone or PC) and remotely manage and access files and documents stored on the NAS.
2. NAS App (QPKG) Development
Developers can design add-ons or applications running on the NAS and have the applications and related data integrated on the same platform. Also, through the built-in App Center on QNAP Turbo NAS, users can easily install and manage those applications.
3. VM Integration:
Ever want to run non-Linux based applications on the NAS? No problem! VM integration is the solution for you to install a different OS and non-Linux based applications on the NAS.